Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Cozy Recipe: Strawberry & Spinach Salad

This is definitely a romantic salad!  It looks beautiful and tastes sweet.  For Valentine's Day, Tyler made some delicious steaks and pasta.  I tried making this salad for the first time and I loved it!  I made it again on Wednesday for a dinner playdate.  One of the many wonderful things about this salad is that the ingredients can be changed if something doesn't suit your taste.  I know many people do not like Bleu Cheese or baby spinach.  Substitute Romaine lettuce and chopped walnuts.  I've also seen a recipe for strawberries and bananas instead of strawberries and Bleu Cheese.  Maybe for a summer cookout...?


Strawberry & Spinach Salad
1 package baby spinach
1 small package of fresh strawberries, rinsed and sliced
1 container Bleu Cheese crumbles
poppyseed dressing, to taste

My favorite way to toss a salad is to simply dump it all into a large ziploc bag and shake it up.  Be careful with the dressing.  Poppyseed dressing is very sweet and it takes less than you might think to create the right flavor.

This post is linked up at ...
linkparty

1 comment:

  1. It was very good! I am not a fan of blue cheese but i wouldnt take it out, it made the salad good, i liked the little pices of it just not big chunks but i would still keep it in! Loved it!! I am thinking of trying it for a cookout this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...