I am a big fan of challenges. I love reading challenges on Goodreads. I love cooking challenges on The Food Network. I have seen this challenge on a few blogs, so I thought I would try it. This year, I will complete 52 brand new recipes. Well, they'll be brand new to me. I love cooking, but as of yet, I have not attempted actually creating new recipes. Challenge for next year maybe? I want to find a few new go-to meals. You can find my progress on the page "52 Recipe Challenge."
Here are the ones I've completed so far...
1. Bacon Parmesan Pasta (1/3/11) - It's taken several times to fix this recipe to be exactly what I want. Hopefully I can make it again soon so I can post the recipe.
2. Almond Biscotti (1/8/11) - I really enjoyed this and it has inspired me to start keeping biscotti on hand for a quick, grab-and-go breakfast. My mom sent me two new biscotti recipes I'd like to try (chocolate chip and chocolate pistachio)
3. Tomato, Olive, and Feta Pasta (1/19/11) - Yummy! This is definitely something I'll be making more often.
4. Buffalo Chicken Dip (2/7/11) - This was yummy, but very spicy. I need the right occasion to make this.
5. Greek Cookies (2/12/11) - These were different than what I remember eating as a child. I want to try mixing the nuts into the dough.
6. Strawberry and Bleu Cheese Spinach Salad (2/12/11) - Absolutely delicious! This might be my new favorite salad. I want to make it again this week so I can post the recipe.