Monday, January 10, 2011
Menu Mondays - January 10 (and a few resolutions for the new year)
It's a new year and it's time to really get back into the swing of things. I love the holiday season, but it takes routines and schedules and throws them out the window. It's a snowy day here (rare in Texas) and schools are closed. This means a free day for me! I've got a full list of things I'd like to do, my favorite of which includes a trip to the library. Oh, how I've missed it! Before that though, I need to do my Weekly Home Blessing and make a quick run to the grocery store.
Here's what's on the menu for this week...
Monday ~ Tyler's cooking for me tonight. He said it's some sort of pasta dish.
Tuesday ~ Queso Soup
Wednesday ~ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Thursday ~ Garlic Herb Chicken with green beans
Friday ~ Pizza Friday!
Saturday ~ Meat Crust Pizza and tossed salad
Sunday ~ Slowcooker Sunday - Broccoli Alfredo Baked Potatoes
(I had no idea that you could make baked potatoes in a slowcooker. I just found a post at Crockpot 365 that proves otherwise. I'm super excited to try this!
I also wanted to post a few resolutions for the new year. Every year I've said something along the lines of eating healthier, exercising more, losing weight, etc. I'm pretty sure we've all had similar variations. This year, I wanted to set specific goals. Something that I can easily check off as done. So here it is...
1. I want to run in a 5K before the year is over. This will take training. I enjoy running, but I have never been determined enough to run any amount of distance.
2. In order to meet my goal of running a 5K, I will run at least three times each week. If for some reason I am unable to run (weather, children, etc), I will walk an indoor 5K. I'm counting on Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds to help me with this!
3. I will stick to the FlyLady program. I have been a huge fan of this program for a long time. However, I always seem to let go after a few weeks. This time, I'm going to do it right. I'll take baby steps. My specific goal for January is to keep up with the Weekly Home Blessing, shining my sink and 15 minutes of decluttering each day. Her Seven in 2011 motto is just fabulous! Go to FlyLady.net if you haven't looked into this program before. Love it!
4. I know I need to eat healthier, but I also know that just saying I'll do it won't work. I have a *small* problem with grabbing fast food on my way home. My goal for this year is to limit myself to one time each week.
5. I want this blog to grow. I loved writing the few posts I have done. I want to keep going. My plan is this ... Menu Mondays, Wordless Wednesdays, one new recipe each week, and a weekly update on my resolutions.
I'm really looking forward to a fresh start this year. So many things have changed in my life lately. I'm ready for a fabulous future!
Stay cozy on this snowy day!
Posted by Courtney @ Modern Mom Cooks at 1:15 PM