Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Cozy Recipe: Tomato, Olive, and Feta Pasta

I was searching for a recipe that would simple enough to make on night's that I'm eating alone.  Even if no one else is home, I still like to eat something yummy.  As part of my resolutions, I'm really trying to avoid fast food.  Well, I found the perfect recipe.  This dish is yummy, fast and cheap!  I found it in a can opener gourmet cookbook.  To be honest, I wasn't expecting it to be all that great.  There are no fresh ingredients, just things from a can or a box.  I was pleasantly surprised.  This is something I will definitely be making again!  Next time I might throw in some sausage or chicken... yummy!


Tomato, Olive and Feta Pasta

8oz. pasta (I used penne)
2.25oz. sliced black olives, drained
14oz. diced tomatoes, not drained
1/4c. vegetable oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried basil
feta cheese (to taste)

Boil the pasta.  If you only use 8 ounces, it is the perfect size meal for two people.  In a separate saucepan, add the vegetable oil, olives, and tomatoes.  Simmer for a few minutes, then add the basil and garlic powder.  When the pasta is done, drain it and return to the pan.  Add the sauce and mix well.  Add the desired amount of feta cheese as a topping.  Seriously, this meal was super yummy!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...